I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Computer Science and Engineering department at the University of Michigan–Ann Arbor. My advisors are Professor Atul Prakash and Professor Roya Ensafi. My research spans different facets of mobile software and systems security, and mobile measurement studies. I work on the analysis and detection of mobile malware in the wild, the security of mobile payment systems, and the phenomenon and impact of geofencing in the mobile domain.
Previously, I worked in the Silicon Valley for over a decade in various engineering roles, leading to senior engineering roles. I have also had a short stint as a research faculty at Amrita University, India.
- Sept 2021-Present: Research Scientist, McAfee Enterprise
- Sept 2019-Present: PhD Student, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- Aug 2013-Jun 2019: Research Faculty, Center for Cybersecurity Systems & Networks, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- July 2006-Jul 2013: Software Engineer, Senior Engineer, PLX Technology Inc. (Now Avago)
- May 2003-Jul 2006: Member of Technical Staff, Kasenna Inc. (Now Espial)
- Aug 2001-May 2003: Masters, University of Southern California
- Jun 2000-Jul 2001: Software Engineer, Patni Computer Systems
- Sept 2000: Received undergraduate degree from Amrita Institute of Technology and Science